Wednesday, January 29, 2014

DIY Glass Cleaner

Happy Wednesday!

I am SO sorry I haven't posted in over a week!! I am going to make up for it this week though, I promise!

I stopped using Windex or Pledge Multi Surface when I ran out, which was a just a few months ago actually! As much as I hate the idea of chemical cleaners I was trying to ease into making my own everything so once I used up a store-purchased product, I found an alternative. I highly recommend doing as well, it makes going non-toxic easier and less overwhelming. When it does come time for me to find an alternative I want the most effective recipe, with the least amount of ingredients (Duh!).  I stumbled upon this recipe and was able to even eliminated an ingredient.

To make your own glass cleaner you are going to need the below ingredients:

 
 
  • 1 Tbsp. White Vinegar
  • 1 Cup Rubbing Alcohol
  • 1 Cup Water
  • Measuring Cup/Spoons
  • Funnel
  • Spray Bottle
  • Bowl to Mix in
 
As with most of my recipes, it's as simple as mixing all the ingredients together and putting your new cleaner in a spray bottle of your choice! Then you are ready to clean windows, mirrors and any other glass surface that needs it!
 
 
 
* the ingredient I omitted was lemon essential oil, simply because I did not have any! I would recommend including it if you have some on hand, the alcohol scent is very strong.
 
 
Use this cleaner just like any commercial window/glass cleaner. Simply spray on and wipe away. I would recommend a Microfiber Glass Cleaning Cloth. 

Until Next Time!
-Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment